The F1 League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Force Within Phil

Go down

The Force Within Phil Empty The Force Within Phil

Post  Phlz Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:08 pm

Its a flying start to the season with Phillip 'Phlz' Coe and the Force India Team. After a very short notice contract swap between Sauber F1 and Force India Coe found himself in a new and somewhat alien team but did that put him off, HELL NO.
The weekend started with the newly introduced Sprint Race in which Coe took the, unusual for him, Option quailfying route securing him 3rd Place on the Grid. Although 3rd in a Qualifying session was a record in itself for Coe he wasn't satified and proved that by taking his First 2nd place podium of his Career after an intense race long battle with Sauber F1 Driver Perez.

Then came the Endurance Race in which you see the Field of the Sprint Race split into two classes. Once again Coe found himself battling with Perez but this time for Pole Position and although qualifying 2nd, another new record, a mistake by Perez into turn 3 gave Coe the lead of which he held for the majority of the race with intense pressure from the rest of the field but two thirds into the grand prix the Force India of Coe had engine problems. Unable to to get the engine heated up Coe lost speed and, after a safety car period, was a sitting duck for all left in the race to overtake him. After a couple of laps of excessiving revving the Mercedes engine of the Force India was up to temperature and Coe was soon on the move again albeit 35 seconds behind 1st place in 4th but did he give up? NO. Taking upto 5 seconds a lap at the most, Coe pushed as hard as possible to take his second 2nd place of the weekend to end up just 6.9 seconds behind the leader when crossing the line.

Coe:"i'm part of a whole new line up here at Force India. They were a formidable team last year with both drivers scoring heavy points and fighting for wins so i have big shoes to fill and i believe the weekend we have just had has been a good start and i hope it continues".

looks like the rest of the field could feel the fury of the Force India Team for yet another season.
Phlz
Phlz

Back to top Go down