The F1 League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bannon dedicates his race today in the wake of Carroll Shelby's death...

Go down

Bannon dedicates his race today in the wake of Carroll Shelby's death... Empty Bannon dedicates his race today in the wake of Carroll Shelby's death...

Post  PatriotsMan12 Sat May 12, 2012 7:19 am

Saddening news has struck the American motorsport community today. News has come forward that American Motorsport pioneer, Carroll Shelby, died in Dallas Texas late Thursday evening of phenomena. The man, who reconstructed the high performance American Auto market, as we know it, will be missed. Among numerous racing achievements, Shelby won the 1959 24 Hours of Le Mans. Shelby also participated in Formula One from 1958 to 1959, a total of 8 world championship races and several non-championship races. He was also well known for making the legendary AC-based Shelby America Cobra and obviously later modifying Mustang-based performance cars for the Ford Motor Company. In the wake of Shelby’s death, Colin Bannon, the only American driver currently on the F1 grid, is dedicating his race at the Nurburgring for the German Grand Prix tonight. Bannon released a statement saying, “This is very saddening news for the American Motorsport community. In the wake of his death I am dedicating my race at the Nurburgring tonight to him. I wanted to show that the pioneer of American High performance racing will be missed and his legacy should live on.” The dedication, McLaren reports, will come in the form of a special helmet Bannon will be wearing during the races this evening and a special decal on the car as well. The world will miss the legend and may he rest in peace.

PatriotsMan12

Back to top Go down