The F1 League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORCE INDIA AND JEFFERIES TO APPEAL FOR 3RD PLACE

2 posters

Go down

FORCE INDIA AND JEFFERIES TO APPEAL FOR 3RD PLACE Empty FORCE INDIA AND JEFFERIES TO APPEAL FOR 3RD PLACE

Post  Worsel Rummage Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:53 pm

Rumours around the paddock have rung true as Force India make an appeal ultimately for 3rd place as their driver Nathan Jefferies was hit at turn 2 on lap 51 at the street circuit of Valencia by Kourosh Tehrani leaving him no choice but to slam on the brakes in order to avoid contact and damage from the barrier. We caught up with an outraged Nathan after he had cooled off a bit and had this to say. " Yeah, it's basically how you saw it, he's gone too far now and he knows what he has done, it's happened before in an almost identical way. As like what happened around Monaco two weeks ago he's obviously become frustrated being behind me and made a move so unbelievably desperate it has led to contact and me losing a position, twice! Now with Monaco I can understand the frustration with little to no overtaking spots but there's two DRS zones here for fuck's sake, and he couldn't get past, again, for a considerable number of laps, which has now led for me and the team to appeal for 3rd place, if you take someone off you give that place back whether it be ontrack or unfortunately for him after the race". Now Nathan, have you heard the recent reports from other drivers and supposed viewers who weren't actually viewing but decided to throw their 10 cents worth in cause they had a bust up with you earlier in the week? cough.....Bannon....cough.
I haven't no, why, what's going around then?

Renault's Phlz was hit by you down the long straight in the DRS zone 1. Can you explain what happened?
"I was going into the bridge section with 3 other cars and there wasn't enough room for me and the other cars so I made contact with a bit of wall that sticks out and and lost my front wing, now on the straight as I was controlling the car I couldn't see Phlz behind me and subsequently put him into the wall taking off his front wing. No intentional harm was mean't and I apologize that it happened, we were having a good battle up until then but yeah that was my fault, sorry."

Now Kourosh Claims that you took him out at the end of DRS zone 1 into the corner, is that true?

"No it is not true, I had the inside line going into it, I stuck to the inside around it and on the next left turn I looked behind and saw him doing a lovely little spin, I think he must have lost it on the outside kerb because not did I see, hear or feel any form of contact, but with what happened later he might have thought it would be a good idea to shift the blame onto me. If I'm on the inside and we're turning the same way how does he spin the same way? he would have made contact with me if we were close enough forcing him out of the spin, complete codswallop."

Last question now, Colin Bannon HRT's second driver claim's to have seen the race which your spokesperson Dharmesh Shakinder has just pointed out as "complete bloody codswallop!" It seems very biased towards the accusations made by rosh, just have a read through this and tell me what you have to say. Jefferies reads though Colin's post which has an unnecessary reference to the car his father owns and then starts to uncontrollably laugh and laugh and laugh.

"Is he serious? ha, well first of all I made contact with Phlz at the First DRS zone not the second so thats false and I've already explained what happened and have apologized accordingly. There were no other cars involved in that, they were close, but not involved. Secondly me and Rosh were not side by side at the supposed infamous turn two. I was ahead, as we were braking I was hit forcing me into the run off area which ultimately cost me around four seconds. And I continued to lose time yet at the end of the race I was less than 3 seconds behind him. Why would he slow down? Could this mean that the four seconds I lost was then increased over the next 5 laps? Could this mean that Rosh actually ran out of fuel at the end? could this mean that If I wasn't hit by Rosh I would have had all the tools necessary to pass him before the Finish? Should this lead to a reversal in points and finishing place? The answer to all of these questions is yes. It's wrong and I've been told by my team that If it happens again to play by his rules and see how he likes it. As for Bannon's little story which actually kind of gives away his own intelligence level. I think he should take a look at his own driving and racecraft before criticizing other peoples."

Force India expect some sort hearing in the next couple of days.
Worsel Rummage
Worsel Rummage

Back to top Go down

FORCE INDIA AND JEFFERIES TO APPEAL FOR 3RD PLACE Empty Re: FORCE INDIA AND JEFFERIES TO APPEAL FOR 3RD PLACE

Post  Lewis Goodway Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:27 am

Rubbing is racing?
Lewis Goodway
Lewis Goodway

Back to top Go down